Thank you for your interest in and use of the Road America Location Platform (RALP) Services (the “RALP Services”) and associated Website, owned and operated by Road America Motor Club (collectively “Road America,” “we,” “our,” or “us”).
What Information Do We Collect and Why?
Anonymous User Information
Collected Through Website
- Navigational data. As you browse our Website, we may gather navigational data that shows what pages are visited and how long various features are used. This information will not reveal your identity or be linked to you personally. We use this information to complete, support and analyze users’ purchases from us; to facilitate and improve use of the Website; to comply with any requirements of law; to serve, or have a third party serve specialized or relevant advertising content and/or recommendations to you on the Website or on a third party’s website; for internal purposes; and to determine any commissions due our Affiliates. This information may be disclosed only to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order, and the analysis and support of your use of the Website. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party sites from which it is possible to link to our Website with information relating to the number of users linking to our Website from their sites. You cannot be identified from this information.
- IP Addresses. When you access the Website, our servers may record your IP address. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. It is not truly personally identifiable information because many different individuals can access the Internet via the same computer. We may use IP addresses for system administration and troubleshooting, ensuring user compliance with our terms of service, investigating security breaches and compiling anonymous non-personal information such as how many users visited the Website.
Collected Through RALP Services
- Location Based Information. Each time you access the RALP Services on your phone or wireless device, we will request your permission to automatically collect certain information including, without limitation, the then-current location of your handset or wireless device from your wireless network in order to provide our services. Additionally, if you use the RALP Services, we may record your search information, including your geographic location. We maintain a database with this location and query information and may keep such information indefinitely. This information may be used to improve our services including our performance, content and your user experience. Your search requests are kept anonymous but may be aggregated, by us, our content providers and partners to improve the service and your user experience.
Personally Identifiable Information. We do not collect any unique personally identifiable information about you such as your name, email address or any other contact information, except when you specifically and knowingly provide such information. The personal information that you submit is shared only with those people in our organization who need this information to respond to your question or request and deliver the Services to you. Information submitted through any of our online forms may be collected to ensure technical functionality. It will also be utilized to address any inappropriate use of the RALP Services or the Website. We do not save personal information to use for other purposes, nor do we provide it to any other organization.
We do not share, rent or sell information concerning you to third parties, except that we may share personally identifiable information with third parties only when we have a good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to: (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, court order, legal process or enforceable government request, or (b) ensure compliance with applicable terms of service or agreements including investigation of any potential violations, or (c) to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
- Security. We have security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect our data sites from the loss or misuse of information that we have collected. Our servers are protected by firewalls and are physically located in secure data facilities to further increase security. While no computer is 100% safe from outside attacks, we believe that the steps we have taken to protect your personal information drastically reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of information involved.
- Change of Control. In the event that another company acquires all or substantially all of the assets related to the RALP Services or the Website, or if we experience some other change of control event such as merger, insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, we reserve the right to include any or all user-related information among the assets transferred to the acquiring company. We do not guarantee that any entity receiving such information in connection with any of these transactions will comply with all the terms of this policy.
- Children’s Privacy. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulation establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the Internet. The RALP Services and the Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. If you are a child under the age of 13 please do not submit any information to the Website or through the RALP Services. We do not knowingly request or collect personally identifiable information online or offline contact information from users under 13 years old nor do we knowingly use or share personal information of users under 13 years old with third parties.